Monday, January 10, 2011

A volontary ceasefire

I've been away for a while as I have been reminded of several times already. The reason for this has to do with the fact that the wpvp at 85 didn't quite reach my in hindsight perhaps slightly naive expectations, as well as the sad fact that a lot of my friends have either quit, gone inactive or defected to the rats (and however enjoyable it is to deliver punishment in person, conversation is also important - and the occasional bur or uden lo are hardly ideal examples of my preferred tête-à-têtes).

Now, I am unsure for how long my WoW hiatus will last - a week, month or year? - but I do know that I will stay true to promises made, and they are thus far such: I will write a few posts with topics including my user interface, the honor kill ladder (which I missed in December - no I am not sorry), stealth effectiveness and whatever else I may have forgotten.


So for the time being, stay tuned and slay in my absence.


P.S: this was announced a few days ago, and I couldn't help but feel sorry for the arena rogues in light of what I consider an excessive nerf:
Smoke bomb was as we all know, too powerful in arenas, but it could be balanced in a more delicate fashion - by having certain abilities and spells counter it (there are obvious examples such as thunderfuck, typhoon, holy light etc) - or just not reduce its duration so drastically. As for combat readiness, it seems more like a buff than a nerf depending on the wit of your opponent.

No comments:

Post a Comment